Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2016

One Word - INTENTIONAL

A few years ago, as I was contemplating what New Year's Resolutions I would set for myself, I came across an article that talked about why the writer didn't make New Year's Resolutions and what she does instead....hmmm...my curiosity was peaked. {You can read all about her idea here.}

Not being one who can keep does a good job of keeping a New Year's Resolution beyond 3 weeks, I thought "Now this I can do!"


With New Year's Eve fast approaching, I began to pray and ask what would my One Word for 2016 would be. 


INTENTIONAL.

Intentional with my time. Intentional with my finances. Intentional in parenting. Intentional in my relationships. Intentional in diet and exercise.

And it all starts with....


"...you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the Lord your God is testing you to find out if you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall follow the Lord your God and fear Him and you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him and cling to Him." Deuteronomy 13:3-4


Doesn't it all begin with loving HIM first? Putting HIM first? Doesn't every part of our existence, all that we see and know, start and end with Him? 


After all.....


"For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities - all things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." Colossians 1:16-17


So what's your One Word?


No comments:

Post a Comment